Sunday, February 14, 2010

Task 8 - Play in the Sandbox!

Sigh. I had to request permission to play in the sandbox. I applied on Saturday afternoon, and I didn't hear back until Saturday evening! I'll need to keep in mind the time delay, the human element, in such things, for they will also be there for my students. I was ready to go, and it was frustrating to have to wait. Enthusiasm!

It was easy to set up a new page in the Sandbox, once I figured out that my name needed to be added to the top of the list. When I tried to add it to the bottom, it kept being just an extension of Destinmarler's. From there it was mostly just messing around to make something interesting. Big Huge Labs is a fun site for playing with pictures. I liked the other image sites, but they were harder to use, though I did bookmark Grasshopper, You Too Can Write a Hit Kung Fu Movie. I hope you enjoy my sand castle! I got audio to work on Voki and created one for the bottom of my Sandbox page. Then I added some bits to Lina's and Martin's blogs.

I also created another blog on Blogger to start posting my thoughts on games and education. I also created a couple of new Wikispaces sites, one for my class with Becca and the other for the 2011 China trip. None of these sites have any content at this time, but they will!

No comments:

Post a Comment